This course will give the student an in-depth introduction to the legal aspects of supplier contracts and the methods used for maintaining a positive relationship between the supplier and the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). The targeted audience is any professional who is part of or works with a warranty team or managers dedicated to continuous business improvement.
At completion of this course, students will:
• Understand the role of supplier cost recovery in the warranty department and the organization as a whole.
• Understand how to create and implement a Warranty Charter.
• Understand how to create and implement terms and conditions.
• Understand different recovery methodologies and how and when to utilize them.
• Understand the benefits and drawbacks of part returns and part-less recovery.
• Understand how to create and nurture the supplier/OEM relationship.
• Understand the stages of the supplier/OEM relationship and how to best leverage them for your organization.
• Understand how to stand firm on your Warranty Charter without sacrificing positive relationships.