This class is an in-depth look at the role and importance of service contracts and how they relate to warranties and insurance. The targeted audience is any professional who is part of or works with a warranty or service contract team or managers dedicated to continuous business improvement.
At completion of this course, students will:
• Understand the role of service contracts in the warranty department and the organization as a whole.
• Understand the evolution of service contracts throughout history.
• Understand the impact of legal requirements on service contracts.
• Understand government regulations concerning the administration of service contracts.
• Be able to identify and define the different types of service contracts and their relationship to warranties.
• Understand the process of creation and renewal of a service contract.
• Understand the challenges of developing a service contract and how to avoid or rectify them.